Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot save Registry key SOFTWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssven

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
DE
Hi,

today I got this error on a Full Backup last night:

Any idea what could went wrong on this server?
TIA
ssven

What version of Networker on the Networker server and on the Networker client?
Does Savesets: for the client read All? If not, what does it read?

Its NW Vers. 7.1.Build.230 on the Server and Client.
Saveset is set to All.

You may well have junk on the lcient in the nsr/tmp directory.
Stop the networker service on the client, delete all entries in the tmp directory and restart. What now?

I am having the exact same issue. I did as you said and am having the same problem.

Try using the built in Windows Backup Utility to backup the System State, and see if you get the same error. If so, then its time to call Microsoft!

remember that the registry is (at the end) some files in the windows/system32 directory, so if these files are corrupt never mind the backup!

NW is OS dependant, if OS goes wrong, NW will not do magic.

Cheers.

Well, system state in ntbackup works fine and i'm using it now as a backups backup ;) Also the registry is not corrupted. This only happens on my AD2k3 DC:s and started after the dcpromo.

Seems to be an OS issue. Stop the NetWorker services, clean both of NetWorker temp and OS temp, then reboot the machine

If you using a special utility such as IXP engine service, which is a software package used to push the software’s for services update, THEN it will unhive some registry keys for the software’s for software service update. To solve this:
1) Install IXP on drive C:
OR
2) Create a directory C:\DATA

A third option is to reboot the Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back