Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Run Arcserve Manager for Netware on W2k PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwiknick

MIS
Jan 30, 2001
I cannot run Arcserve Manager (IT or 6.1) on my new W2k PC. The message "Novell Shell not loaded" appears. I have followed the solution provided by CA, i.e. load vipx and load vlmsup in Autoexec.nt but this has made no difference.
Any ideas ??

I have encountered the same problem, those files are also already there. Did you or does any one else have a solution for this problem?

Regards

Again, same problem here. Does anyone have any ideas where to look?

What version of the NetWare Client are you running?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

the solution should be ti install Cleint 32 on your W2k server or station. I have this running from a Win2k WTS server at one of our client sites connecting to a novell 5.11 server.

also make sure your versions of both are fully patched check support.ca.com for any downloads that need to be installed. Both the manager and server have to be on the same build to work properly.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back