Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot run a post job script? Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnie001

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
AU
Hello,

I am trying to execute a batch file after a job success, but BAB server is telling me that the execution completed -- when it check it didn't. BAB only seems to run post execution scripts for .exe files. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Regards,

Ronnie

HI...

Try giveing the absolute path to the batch file u need to run...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Hello,

Do you mean by absolute path:

c:\filename.bat

I have tried that. But it does not seem to execute anything. I tired writing a batch file to test it by just doing a "set > output.txt" in the batch file.

But even that does not work.

What I am really trying to do is get the batch file to do a post execution job that does the following:
- my job backs up a unix system on a remote host
- on job success i want to execute a batch file that does an remote shell command to the unix system and deletes the files that were backed up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ronnie

If it is requiring an executable, try this.

c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe /c C:\winnt\foo.bat (or whatever)

And see if that helps.

Anyone know if there are any command line parameters that can be passed to a post execution job?

Ronnie,

There is an option in the backup where you can say delete files after backup. Did you try this yet?

Regards,
Geurt-Jaap

Hello.

I tried the delete files after backup. And that works ok but in this case i cant use that option because the backup is for an oracle database and i need to run a particular script on the unix server to do the post backup delete of files. Becuase the files that are going to get deleted are oracle archive logs: so oracle is VERY particular about the files that get deleted. Hence why it needs to be done via a script.

Does all that make sense?

Ronnie.

Got it working...thanks for the help...

Are you trying to run this batch file using the pre -post commands from the options of that job?

If you are using BS V9 use Job Schedule wizard. This will run any executable at what ever time you want.

Peace,

XtremSam12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back