Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot restore system state

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddon

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2000
US
Hi, all
I'm running Win2003 and brightStor 9.01 with the latest patch5 build 2050, however when I try to restore the system state I get the following error that is the same as outline on CA website, but I am a bit amaze that there is not a solution for this issue granted that Brightstor v9.01 has been out for sometime now.. Has antone experince this problem or have a solution.. Many thanks if you do..
Product: BRIGHTSTOR ARCSERVE BACKUP FOR WINDOWS COMMON: 9.0, 9.00
Problem Number: 360 Type: PRODUCT
Open Date: 08/09/04 Last Modified Date: 11/05/2004

Title: UNABLE TO RESTORE SYSTEM STATES

Backup System State with the NT Client Agent, restore to original location ge t following error: C3103 Unable to access disk. (DISK=SYSTEM STATE RESTORE ER ROR: Cannot restore System State to different Machine!, EC=00001001)

Related Solution(s):
We are currently addressing the problem. Solution will be posted when available.

Message from Windows 2000 server "Active Directory is damaged, please restore from tape" We had just restored from tape.

We have the backup machine, Netware 5.1 with Arcserve/BrightStore 9.0 installed. It backed up Windows server and the "SYSTEM STATE" and according to the BrightStor software, it "backed up successfully" and when we need to restore, it "restored successfully" but THEN WE GOT THE MESSAGE ABOVE. So what's up with Arcserve/BrightStor system not restoring a good copy of the Windows "System State"??

Perhaps you should restore to another location on the server and boot into directory services restore mode and do an authoritive/non-authoritive (depending on what you are doing) restore of system state? I dont think it is possible to just restore to original location, and if it did it may ruin AD in your domain.

Paul.

I plug you in, dim the lights
Electric Barbarella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back