Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot restore at file level

Status
Not open for further replies.

niners

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I cannot restore at a file level with Arcserve2000. The manager only lets me pick the c and d drive. I can't expand the drives to pick a folder.

Have you tried merging the database on the tape(manager, utilities, merge)? Sounds like your database is not being updated in detail (modify a job, and click the options button, go to operation tab, look at the bottom portion).

Are you doing a restore by session?

Good luck,
Debi

I just merged a tape that was also not showing the individual files. The report states the merge was succesful but the files still do not show up when I do a restore by session. I have also tried the changes to the config file with no luck. My primary server that ArcServe resides on, I see individual files for it's tapes, but not the remaining servers. I'll also take anymore good advice you guys can dish out.

Forgot to add, I'm using ArcServe 7 for Netware and running 4.11 machines.

If you can't expand folders on network drives then the user you are currently DS authenticated as probably doesn't have sufficient rights.

You may need to double check the logged-in user ("sort-of" shows in the bottom RH corner of AS7 window). Poor design.

Or right-click on the target object and select "Security..." and check the current user (cancel this screen, don't go ahead and log in again!).

Even if rights have been assigned, with some DS problems I have seen the rights "vanish" and have to be resassigned. As a minimum the user needs supervisory object and property rights to

AQ6_*, AS_BACKUP_SERVER, <servername>, <servername>_VOLUME, <the user itself>

Mark

I had some datbase problems and I reinitialized the DB. Then I merged the tape in that I needed. I was then able to restore at folder level. Thanks for all of the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back