Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot remove/repair or re-install Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamminhammo

Instructor
Jan 15, 2009
GB
During a recent installation of Manager my laptop battery died (I know I should have had the power on!)

The result is that I cannot remove/repair or re install Manager.
I have removed all other references to Avaya products in Add/remove programs and then gone into regedit and removed anything I can see to do with Avaya.
I have saved all my configs and removed all Manager Folders on my pc.
I have tried to install into a different hard drive letter(Partitioned on my laptop)

I have attached a Word document that shows the error message received when I try to repair/uninstall and the error message when trying to re-install the software.

I would normally have tried a system restore at this stage but for some unknown reason I only have an entry for 2011 and no others since.

Can anybody please help
PS I am a telephone engineer and NOT an IT expert so be gentle please!

Technolgy - The Mother of Frustration

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6a28887f-f289-4ec1-a78b-92aaf61f171a&file=Manager_Installation_errors_coopy.docx
I would use the free Revo Uninstaller to pick out the registry leftovers and clean it off and then you can reinstall again.

could try the windows uninstaller also it will remove all traces too.
Mike

I tried Revo but that did/could not find the part installed IP Office Admin suite.
Windows uninstaller did the trick so thanks teletechman.
It found six entries in the registry and once removed I could install the Admin suite successfully
Note to self - do it with the power connected next time!!!
Thanks

Technolgy - The Mother of Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back