Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Remove Processor Channel Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetotaro

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2003
US
I am trying to connect a Definity G3 to an asterisk system. I had it working OK with the exception of the caller ID on the Definity handsets just showing the trunk-group name.

I created another ISDN Processor Channel and other configs to make a separate T1 connection. It worked as far as the D channel comes up on the circuits but no B channels.

I later read that you can only have one ISDN entry in the processor channel assignment.

When I try to remove the second (or even modify the first entry) I get "identifier not assigned"

I cannot remove the DS1s or make the Definity-> Asterisk work until I can remove it.

Please help, this was a production system!!!

YOu may have to busy the processer channel before removing the config.

I have tried busying everying related to the board and I still cannot remove it.

The manual suggest that "identifier not assigned" means that some such port does not exist. I am just removing one.

I am willing to send PayPal funds to anyone that helps me get this fixed, $100 if it is easy, more if it not.

Is the entry that you are trying to remove on the Signaling Group or the Communication-interface Processor-channels form?

Kevin

Communication-interface Processor-channels form.

I have busied out everything relating to the signalling and data but still get "identifier not assigned" when I remove the entry from the Communication-interface Processor-channels form.

it is just two lines.

1 isdn 1 h
2 isdn 2 h

I cannot remove or change anything. If I press enter, it accepts the command with no changes.

Boot2 is probably right, changing a processor interface channel or link with out completely removing it first will leave the old info in place and unchangeable, including the data module. It will take a tier 3 or 4 person to run a debug and clear it, most likely. I've seen it happen. Same for 8500 series ISDN sets you must remove any data buttons and other features before deleting the station or it will be there forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back