Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot remove Name From Add/Remove panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigpom1

Technical User
Sep 3, 2003
AU
I run Windows 98SE and recently loaded a program called "Powerquest DriveImage 5". I have tried to unload this blasted program and the name still shows up in the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. I think it did unload but although I have done a registry search, I can not be sure.I feel sure there is a way of removing names from Add/Remove programs but cannot remember it. I tried to load TweakUI but it wouln't load for some reason or another. Can anyone assist?....Dave

Have a look at the keys below hkeylocalmachine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Thank you Matt J. It's gone and I have written down the path this time.....Dave

Welcome.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

BigPom1;
May also want to use RegClean 4.1a or similar

to clean the leftover remnants of the proggie....ClassId's, TypeLib, and Interface keys in the reg....and will break the links to whatever it's still linked to.
small, free, and simple.[smile]

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs..All involved shall be spared the grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back