Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot remove module HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinja

MIS
Nov 14, 2002
US
I have an Access database that is linked to a SQL server database. Everything was working fine until I tried to rename a report. It told me that I couldn't rename the report, so I named it something else. Now everytime I open the DB, I get a "Module Not Found" error. I can look in the VB Project Explorer and all the modules seem OK except for one called "LJCustomTractorReport", when I try to look at it, I get the "Module Not Found" error (which is the name I tried to use initially for the report). I can't seem to remove it, and I still can't rename the report from "LJCustomTractorReport_New" to "LJCustomTractorReport". Can someone please help. The option for Remove Module is not enabled. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

LJ Wilson

My personal saying - Just remember, it can always get worse, and usually will.

Have you tried renaming the module to something else?
(You can't have a module and a report with the same names.)
You could also try repairing the database.

How do I rename? I tried right-clicking on that module, but Rename is not an option. The standard Windows method of renaming doesn't work either. I did compact & repair but that didn't fix it either. This is really getting to me.

LJ Wilson

Dear zinja,

I had a similar problem about 4 yrs ago, finally resorted to rebuilding the Access database by importing all by that one item. Seems there is an object reference in the hidden structure of Access that remembers there used to be a module attached to the report. Even building a dummy do nothing module for the report could not even clear it.

Best wishes,
m6

Well, I tried deleting the code associated with the report that is giving me problems. The report itself doesn't show up, unless you look at all the modules in the VB Project Explorer. It shows up there but whenever I try to do anything with it, I get errors. I just need to get rid of that module, but it won't let me (the Remove ... option is not enabled). After deleting the code associated with it, I could not save it (lots of errors). Can someone enlighten me on how to get rid of that module? Thanks in advance.

LJ Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back