Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot remove a public folder in outlook/exchange2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecomp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2004
US
We moved exchange 2000 from one server to another and I can't remove a public folder that is no longer is being used. (I think we didn't move this folder contents and we deleted the old exchange folder)

When you highlight the folder in outlook it displays your standard offline message. This folder does not contain any iformation other than subfolders.

When I attempt to delete it from outlook I recieve a message that I do not have permision even though I took ownership and have admin rights to it.

I believe this is the root of my free/busy data error I keep getting in outlook and its driving my users crazy.

Does anyone know a way to get rid of this folder either from outlook or the information store(exchange)

Thanks in advance

Any advice out there I have to be missing something trying to delet this.

Thanks

Go on your exchange server and open System Manager. You will see the Folders tab on the bottom, expand it. Now you should see the public folders, here you can highlight the folder and delete it.

PedroGo
Thanks but i have no folders tab. If i go Exchange System Manger->Administrative group->servers->My server->My group->Public Folder Store->Public Folders I can see the folder but no option to delete remove it

Does anyone else have any other ideas on how to remove these folders?

Thanks

Open Administrative Tools -Internet Information Services.
Open the Default Web Site - Open Public - rightclick the folder to delete

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

Thanks

Tried it, but it error saying that the directory is empty.

This is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back