Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Reinstall Pagmaker 7.0 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

editor

Programmer
May 24, 2001
UA
Trying to reinstall Pagemaker 7.0 but when I put the disk in my cd drive nothing happens. When I go to install in the control panel and click on install, windows cannot locate an installation disk. The first place it looks at is in the a: drive, then there is a quick flash of the e: drive before I am prompted to browse and get the message to enter "Command line for installation program". Do not know what to put besides e:\. The only two files I can find on the installation disk are library and catalog. I would appreciate any help as I am unable to work. Thank you!

You say you are trying to reinstall... have you uninstalled the old copy completely? If not, do that first, including deleting any folders that have been left from an incomplete uninstall... you may even have to edit registry items... after that, attempt the install...

What OS are you using? I have seen funky problems like this with W98. Another method to install is togo to Start>Run> and then browse to the CD Rom drive location and click install from there. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

You're putting the wrong PageMaker disk in the machine. There should be two disks, one titled Application, the other is titled Content.

Put the Application CD in the drive and everything should install correctly.

- Adobe Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back