Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot redirect the My Documents folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCannon

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2001
US
I'm trying to change where the My Documents folder points to but the Folder Redirection option is not showing up in my Group Policy MMC. I've tried re-registering the DLL (C:\WINDOWS\system32\fde.dll) but it still doesn't show up. Only thing I can think of is that I'm not in a Win 2K domain but a Win NT one and hence not using Active Directory. But I'm not finding anything that says that matters. Any ideas?

Right Click on your My Documents directory, select properties. In the Target location, type the new location you want My Documents to point to.

-Kirk

KirkRock,

I'm wanting to do this without having to create all the user's profiles on the PC.

bcastner,

In the documentation you pointed me to, it appears that there either has to be a Windows 2000 server as a domain controller involved and/or in an Active Directory environment. Don't have a Windows 2000 domain controller nor am I running Active Directory. From what I can tell, I need to know how to do this as it was down with just Windows NT. Through a script. Or I need to know how to get the Folder Redirection control to show up in the Group Policy snap-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back