Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot redirect restore to another server. (Selections are grayed out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2001
US
When trying to redirect a restore of the Information Store to another Server, the "Redirection" tab selections are grayed out. Any ideas?
Thanks.

To be able to do a redirected restore, you need the Enterprise edition of Backup Exec for 7.x or the remote agent for the 8.x versions.
If you don't have either of them, then the redirection will not work.

Tilo

Thanks Tilo,
I have Backup Exec 8.5 Server Edition. So is my understanding correct, that I only need to install the Remote Agent on the Server that I am restoring to, and it should work?

SMT

Installing the remote agent on its own won't help. You need to have a Remote Agent serialnumber as well.

Tilo

Tilo,

It appears that I can redirect a "Full" restore, but the selections on the "redirection" tab are disabled. I know that you cannot redirect a restore of the DS, but you should be able to redirect a restore of the IS. I'm beginning to wonder if it's due to the fact that the DS was backed up on the same tape as the IS, and is setup in the same "Job Definition". Sound like a possibility?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back