Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Receive Internet Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tati

MIS
Mar 11, 2000
US
Help,
I have a user that I've set up 3 different times, even used a different name. No matter what I do, that individual cannot receive internet mail, the inside mail is working fine. What could be the problem? I get a replication error, I've done the same thing on everyone else's computer, I just have the problem with this particular user.

Thanks
Tat

How is the mail supposed to be delivered? Are they downloading POP3 or is mail being routed via their Domino mail server.

Find me @ onlinecorporatesoftware.com

Thanks for responding.........the email is supposed to be routed by the domino mail server, not sure what to do at this point...........

Tati

Is the internet address defined in the person document? Try looking at the mail events log to see if the mail comes in but is not delivered. Does it become dead mail in the servers mail.box? Is a delivery failure returned to the sender? They don't have mail rules that will folder everything before it is in the inbox do they? Could your anti-spam solution be rejecting it because his name is similiar to a banned keyword?

Hi,
I've checked everything. The user can send in house email, receive inhouse email, send internet email, but can't receive it. There is no dead mail in our server's mail box for this person No delivery failures. I do an error message when I replicate on this machine, it's as if the domino server doesn't recognize the person.

I've tried everything, even deleted and recreated the account several times. If you have any others suggestions, I'd be more than happy to try them.

Thanks
Tati

Try creating another person, with a similiar email address in the person doc. If that is working OK (test by sending email from hotmail to them) then change the mail file in the new persons mail file to the saved mail file. Test with hotmail again. Delete that old person, rename the new person to the old persons name (for the sake of acl's and the sanity of other users). Test with hotmail again. Then delete notes program and data folders from the users PC and setup from scratch. Test with hotmail again. This proposal might at least help determine where it is going wrong.

"recreated the account several times" sounds like you cannot get internet email delivered for any new user - is that true? Have you tested that?

Hi thank you again for help,
I did create another account for her using her middle name, same last name. When that one failed I used her nickname, same last name. The issue is still the same, can send and receive inhouse email, can send internet mail, but cannot receive internet mail. She's the only person I'm having trouble with. I re-created her id, gave her a new mailbox. Should I have just recertified her. I'm new to Lotus Notes, so I can be missing something. I do appreciate your help. If you can think of anything else I can try, please let me know. It's very important that I get her account working soon. Thanks you so much in advance.

Tati

Have you tried a different internet email address in the person document?

Hola,

I ended up installing the software on another computer with her ID and email address. It's working beautifully, not sure why Lotus never worked on the old machine, I did try name change, new ID, installed and reinstalled. Evidently there is something in her old machine that was conflicting with Lotus. I'm just glad that she's working eventhough we had to give her a new computer.

Thank you so much for all of your responses....

Tati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back