Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot reach Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgid

Programmer
Oct 2, 2000
US
Hello, I'm new to Business Objects. I've set up the Webintelligence server and it was possible to connect from any client machine. I then installed Supervisor and created the BOMain.key file and copied it to the server with Webintelligence on it. Now, when trying to connect to the server this error comes up: "Cannot reach repository database." The repository is in a SQL Server 7.0 database that is set up as a DSN on the Webintelligence server.

Thanks for any help.

Dear friend,

Simply copying key file is not enough. when you create you might have created a DSN for repository, the same DSN you should create in Webi machine too.

immas

Yes, we set up the correct, identical DSN on the Webi machine but we were getting the same error, along with "Internal Problem" when we specified the DSN should connect with SQL Server authentication.

Then, we got it to work with NT authentication turned off and we're still waiting for a call back from their tech support.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back