Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Proxy in WA6.5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhugh0411

Technical User
Jul 12, 2004
After applying the DST patch to WA, all the WA users cannot proxy into any mailboxes. I get a 'Groupwise login rejected error c06e' in the Agent and the user's see a 'mailbox is unavailable' when clicking on the entry to proxy. Searched high and low in the support section but no luck. Help!?
This is what found:

D06E Lockout of older GroupWise clients being enforced
Source: GroupWise engine.

Explanation: The POA is not allowing GroupWise client users with older versions of the client software to access the post office.

Possible Cause: The administrator does not want older versions of the GroupWise client to access the post office. The client version can be controlled as described in "Checking What GroupWise Clients Are in Use"
in "Post Office Agent" in the GroupWise 6.5 Administration Guide

This is what I found. Is this because WA is 6.5.7 and POA is 6.5.6? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brian Hughes

'There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.'

Yes they are on the same box but I did not see any updates on the download site for MTA and POA. Did I miss them?

Brian Hughes

'There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.'

It's easy to mistake what they said and what you thought it means. They certainly weren't very clear and I guessed that this was going to kick people in the rear. They say that the Patch is NOT required for the MTA or POA. It's only required for the WebAccess and GWIA. HOwever, they also say that you should update all agents together when on a single server.. So somewhat conflicting. Furthermore, the patch you would have downloaded -- Even though they list it as a DST patch for webaccess, it DOES contain updated agents for the MTA and POA (In the "AGENTS" folder).

So you need to go to the folder installed Webaccess from, go into the Agents folder, and run the install from there.

Hope that clears it up.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Thanks a million, will let you know how it goes!

Brian Hughes

When I was looking at the downloads we had a separate one for the GWIA and WA. Is the following the one for POA and MTA?

FTF GW 6.5 post SP6 English only Agents Rev 6
fgw65p6f.exe
10 Nov 2006

Brian Hughes

I'm not really sure. I don't see GW6.5 much anymore, and they distributed GW7 patches differently, it appears.

You could also turn of the "Lock older clients out".. It may just saying that because it can't identify the version number..

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Still no dice.....looking into some more options. Any more suggestions?

Brian Hughes

Hi

This is a bug within GroupWise 6.5.x (don't know exactly at what service pack level the bug was introduced):

"Unable to proxy in other mailbox after minimum client version is set"

It is solved in GW6.5.7 (means SP6 update 1).
(Btw, this bug also exists in GW7 and will be fixed in SP2)

The public version for the agents sp6 update 1 are contained in the file gw656up1e.exe. The one you mentioned is a field test file, containing the latest beta code available to public.
gw656up1e.exe is recommended, fgw65p6f.exe is optional, you choose ;-)

regads,
Alain

regards,
Alain

...if you double checked that all your agents poa/mta/webacc are on 6.5.7 and disabling minimum client versions also doesn't help, then I think it's time to open a call with novell.

regards,
Alain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back