Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot properly load MIB's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

colophon

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
I am attempting to load 'CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB.my'. From my submap, I go to 'Options-->Load/Unload MIB's:SNMP. The MIB dialog box opens, I select the 'Load" button, and then navigate to the '/var/opt/OV/share/snmp_mibs/vendor/cisco' directory, and select the required MIB file. When I select 'OK' the 'messages' box says it is loading the MIB, but then I get the following error msg:
"Error detected while loading MIB file: blahblahblah
Error defining the object "ciscoConfigCopyMIB":parent 'ciscoMgmt' is not defined.
Load the MIB that defines 'ciscoMgmt' before loading this MIB"

huh? How do i know which MIB file the error is talking about?

Thank you for any help.

That's one of OpenView's draw backs, is that it doesn't tell you which MIB(s) to load first, it'll just keep erroring out until you figure it out the correct order.

If you post here, and no one knows, the next best bet is to call the tech support of the company's MIB.

In order to load any of the Cisco MIB's, try loading "CISCO.mib", then "CISCO-SMI.mib".

- Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back