Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot program a line to receive a 9000 number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

setprogram

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
A client wants to port 9800 number into our phone system. We have a PRI. I just program a line to receive the DID. For some reason, the system will not accept any digits starting with 9. Is there a way to get around this?

Never mind....I just discovered digits cannot start with 9 unless you reprogram the whole system to accept only 3 digits.

I am guessing your code to get an outside line is a 9. This is why you cannot create an extension starting with 9. Every time you try to dial the extension, you would hit the 9 and the system would give you an outside line.
You could change the 9 to an 8 if that is available to get an outside line, but you would also have to re-educate all your users in that case.

Thanks trvlr1. You are correct. We do 9 to get an outline. The phone company gave me a new DID....Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back