Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot ping SCO server from win98 box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryb

MIS
Jul 20, 2000
US
I have 13 win98 boxes set up to telnet in to SCO server. One, box X, which worked before, decided to stop. I have re-installed the entire disk on box X, and am using netterm to telnet in. I can ping box X from the SCO box, and the other win98 boxes, but, I cannot ping any box from box X. Any suggestions as to what I have missed?

If all of the win98 boxes are on the same subnet then I'm not sure, however if they are not then the first thing that comes to mind is the default gateway address.

Actually, they are on the same subnet. 138.154.1.xxx

Default gateway misconfiguration .. subnet mask misconfiguration.. a REAL long shot is a bad nic which I have seen do something like this.. A bad port on the hub/switch is also a distant possiblity

Mike S
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back