Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Ping frtom my machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn11

Programmer
Jun 10, 2000
IN
Hi Everybody

the problem with my machine is that I cannot ping or tracert from my machine but I can access the internet.

when I try to ping any machine I get the error "The Procedure entry point IcmpSendEcho2 could not be located in the dynamic link library ICMP.dll". My understanding of the error is that there is some thing wrong with the DLL

I cannot copy and past the DLL because it is a windows system one (even from a machine where it is working perfectly).

Is there any solution to this problem ?

thanks to everything ! Unicorn11
unicorn11@mailcity.com
[red]"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." Einstein, Albert[/red]

Have you tried just re-installing the operating system? Don't uninstall, just re-install to fix.

try running SFC from the Run prompt (found on the start menu). Then restore the relevant DLL via SFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back