Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Ping Ethernet 0/0 on 2600

Status
Not open for further replies.

djacobus

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2003
US
Here is something wierd, I cannot telnet or ping my ethernet interface. When I do a show IP interface command the interface says "UP" The IP address is configured ok and just to be sure I verified the physical link and its "green." Here is a snapshot of the sho ip int command:

FastEthernet0/0 172.16.7.10 YES NVRAM up up

Serial1/0:0 unassigned YES unset up up

HELP!! Any ideas??

Do you actually have something plugged into the interface? And if so, is it using the appropriate cables? (straight-through for switches, crossover for anything else)

Of course ... This router was working perfectly until I had to reboot it to replace a bad UPS.

Mmmm...perhaps the reload wiped out the functioning config? If the running configuration wasn't written to the startup? Also an obvious question, I know, but unfortunately I'm not very good at this yet.

-Christy

Can u post the config.

===

Fatman Superstar (Andrew James)

CCNA, CCAI

I would try entering the following command:
int fa0/0
no keep

if you can ping your ip address then you have a cabling issue.

Let me know
narbik@earthlink.net

Did you find solution. I alos have the same problem with 801 router which is dhcp router. Every time I restart router ther is a problem like that.

I forgot this posting was even here. I found the problem: I have a 3750 switch that I have my router plugged into. I left spanning tree on and I did not have port fast enabled. The switch would drop the eth port on the router and the interface had issues coming back up. Once I enable port fast everything works perfectly.

yes, but we put this router in some company which use some 5years old 3com hub :(. ( dont ask why they dont change that ). And I tryed with HP switch and allways the same thing is happening. :(

Make sure the eth port on the router is not hard set.

HUH ... I ve found what the problem is :) ... But this is so stupid and little and I canot understand. Finaly, I took conf and exame it line by line. The problem was in access list and groups. When you try to configure it with cisco fast step it puts some stupid line in access list and everything works. But after you restart it, it doesnt work becaouse of that stupid lines of cisco fast step.

pEace to you ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back