Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open shares on 2nd PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurella

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
I have two PDCs in a small domain, both W2K. I notice that I cannot connect to shares on one of them, although I can ping it and remote desktop to it. I cannot even get it to share to itself, so it is causing problems trying to read the SYSVOL share. I checked the settings for the network card, and it looks ok, ie. file and print sharing is checked, but I cannot think of any other reason why this is occurring. Would anyone know where or what else I might check to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Mike

This is a followup of my post. I find that I cannot start the "TCP/IP Netbios Helper Service". I get an "Error 1068 Dependency service or group failed to start"

In the system event log, I get two service control manager errors, one of which has a description "The NetBios over Tcpip service failed to start due to the following error:
Error performing inpage operation. "

Beats me.

Please rephrase your question. There is no such thing as a PDC in Windows 2000 and if there were it would not be possible to have two of them. (P=PRIMARY)

Have you enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back