Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open or see attached files on email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismenzies

Technical User
Oct 2, 2003
GB
I have an email in my mailbox that is 2.5Mb big, but with no paperclip to indicate an attachment. However when I open the email it tells me that 3 .pdf's are attached but there is no attachment to be seen.

What is causing this? How can I extract the attached files?

File opening is about 10 seconds which indicates the size of the mail, but no attachments are there.

Also, if I forward the email the receiver gets the email without the attachments, even though I do not clikc on forward without attachments.

Any ideas?

This sounds like a permission error..possibly at the file level.

Chris,

a non Notes email client (Outlook, Pine etc..) can create and send attachments with a "!!" in the file name. On some versions of the Notes client - you will get a crash and NSD will run. On others the attachments will never be accessible to you. Notes have fixed this problem at some release level - I am not sure what level. Any attachment with the characters "!!" in the file name may produce this problem. By the way the character ! is legal in Windows and Unix file names. Notes has trouble with it since the "!!" is part of the Notes internla file name structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back