Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open offline .cfg, version 9.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipotech808

Vendor
Feb 9, 2012
US
I have a 9.1.10.0.192 Manager (latest) and I have 10.0 (latest). Both of them cannot open a .cfg which is 9.1.10.0.192. Anyone else having this issue?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\***.cfg is a version 9.2 configuration which is not supported by this version of Manager.

I haven't tried the older versions of R10 (GA, SP1, SP2), but SP3 does open the offline file, if it's saved by 9.1.10 Manager.

HOWEVER, the config looks corrupt to me... control unit shows as 9.2, while all the cards show as 9.1.10.

Based on this alone, I wouldn't use 9.1 SP10.

GB

Yup we will not use 9.1.10 based solely on this. Not being able to create an offline config and use it with the same manager is kind of a problem for me.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

ipotech808, so what was your solution to this? I have 2 new installs that are running this troubled release.

you could try the V10 manager which seems to work ok

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I would personally roll the system back to another release of 9.1. There are people reporting issues with using R10 manager on R9.1 systems (I believe configs are getting corrupted). I also think someone said there is an internal patch from Avaya to fix this issue but I have not looked into that avenue myself to confirm or deny it. If you need a bug fix released in 9.1.10 that would be the avenue I would pursue though.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I just encountered the issue myself. Had a customer with IP V2 running 7.0.32. Upgraded to 9.0 and then 9.1.10. When I open the configuration from the system and attempt to save it as a local file I get the exact same message (this is a 9.2 configuration which is not supported bu this version of manager). That being said - the customer had version 10.0.x of Manager on their computer before I removed it and installed 9.1.10. Another one of our techs installed 10.0.x of manager on customers system a few weeks ago as customer did not have any manager installed on their computer as a solution to make some changes but other than that I had removed it and installed 9.1.10 before upgrading the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back