Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Open Links Shown in Some E-mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertBC

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
For the past several days I have been unable to click/open links posted in some OE 6 e-mail. Cannot recall anything I've done to cause this problem. Any ideas as to how I can correct this situation? Many thanks.

Does anything happen, any errors?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Thanks for your response Matt J. No, nothing happens. I now suspect that it has something to do in one of SP2's security settings.
This morning I got one of SP2's security warnings when I tried to go from a current web page to a trusted site: support.microsoft, etc. Clicked Yes but just got a chime. Nothing happened. It should have opened when I O.K.'ed it!
So, that's why I feel it has got something to do with Windows XP (Home) SP2. Just cannot bring up a web link in e-mail and probably other situations like the previously mentioned going from one web site to another.

Good afternoon, smah. You are the man!!! Went to the site you suggested, printed it out to read it carefully, saw sentence on second page re IEFix Usage and hyperlink issue. Tried it first, as suggested, and now things are back where they should be. Thus, did not have to do the download. Still don't know how it happened in the first place, but resetting the web settings has allowed me to bring up links in newsletters and web pages again. Many, many thanks for responding and helping me out with the problem. You deserve the gold star!

It's not an uncommon occurrence with IE. If you're interested, search this forum for hyperlink and you can find several similar problems. Glad you got it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back