Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open link in Citrix Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

utvols20

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2005
US
There is an employee thats having troubles opening links in their Citrix apps. Both Outlook and eEnterprise (Great Plains). When you click the link nothing happens. I updated her to the newer Citrix Program Neighboorhood...but still no go. Any help will be great! Thanks!

Its been close to 24 hrs. Anyone know the answer to this question?

Regarding Outlook, are you talking about the desktop icon to open Outlook or actual hyperlinks within an email?

I don't have any experience with eEnterprise, so no idea there.

Need more details about your setup.

what's your citrix solution. metaframexpfr3, locate lan ica connection or a published application over the internet,,etc...

links in the citrix PN sounds like a locate lan connection. If you have a server farm, then delete it and see if it is available via standard network protocol, if not she might have the firewall on if windows xp.

lb63640
I'm talkin about actual hyperlinks in the email. Another co-worker came to me this morning asking about it, and told her i'm researching the problem.

But like i said we had problems last week with our server and had to upgrade. But before that everything was smooth sailing.

krazykatz
in my management console, it says its MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0. And everyone is connect through lan. Not sure how to tell if i have a farm or not.

so let me get this straight. the applications lauch, but the hyperlinks in outlook and great plains don't. correct

things to check.
1. does the user have internet access on the workstation.?
2. is this the only user with this issue?

are you trying to lockdown the locate IE for all user with a gpo??

1. yes
2. no

not sure what you mean by the lockdown.

well lockdown ie so user can access only some sites that might be work related.

I'm surprised the outlook ie links aren't launching from the locate ie browser. are they getting this page cannot be displayed when launching from within the citrix outlook session? Sound like a setup issue in the presentation server effecting redirection of IE with Outlook.

There are no errors. Even i setup a link in Great Plains to test it and nothing happened. It just acts like you didnt click anything.

have you launched an outlook session on the citrix server? can you reproduce this issue?

new ideas:

is the new install w2k3 server sp1 with ie enhanced security? that needs to be disabled.

also i found an article at citrix ctx106094 explaining the redirection settings in citrix.

hope this helps

i'll check out the article. Im running w2k not 2k3

one last thing I've seen with some applications is making sure you have the permission on the office folder set correctly or add the domain of users to the local admin account. hope this help

complete mind dump here

with office you may have to run a repair on the citrix server to fix outlook. that's it the cabin is empty.

Hi,

I had this problem for several months and finally was able to resolve it. It turns out that I had to log in as the user, go to the Internet Options Control Panel and click on the Reset Web Settings on the Programs tab. Once I did that I was able to click on the links in an Outlook message.

Let me know how it goes.

i can open internet explorer, but all the pictures and graphics from the web page doesn't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back