Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Open Attachments in Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmartini

MIS
Nov 29, 2000
US
We are having a problem with our Exchange 5.5 server. An email sent with an attachment cannot actually be sent because the error messages "cannot open one or more attachments" appears. All users are unable to send attachments internall and externally.....Has anyone seen this before?

This is exactly the same issue that we are having .. it just started yesterday ... anyone out there with some information on this ??? It would be greatly appreciated ...

We have been having the same problem as well for a couple months off and on. Restarting the server seems to solve it until the next time. I have rebuilt the server, and have run the isinteg repair against the database. I too am leaning towards our virus software. I am using Command for exchange. When this happens I have noticed a few things. For one Outlook Web Access, shows an attachment, but when you open the email, the attachment is missing. Also I noticed that it only affects attachments after a certain time. I can open an email with an attachment for the first time that arrived at 12, but not ones that arrived say after 3. As well, all older previously openned attachments can still be openned while this problem is in place. The last thing is that I am unable to stop the information store service it errors out with a time issue. If I don't try to manually stop the exchange services, The server will not restart, I need to manually power the server off with the power switch. I will go to the above link to see if there is some help.

It appears the link above is for Macaffee only. I will check back to see if someone else comes up with a fix. I hate to place a call to microsoft and pay them for a problem with their software. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back