Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot open administrator after dreamweaver installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina2

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
I just got a new laptop and am in the process of migrating all of my development tools. I sucessfully installed cold fusion MX Server but after installing Dreamweaver, I am unable to open the Administrator page in a browser. I get a dialogue box with the option to save or open, and it opens the .cfm page in Dreamweaver instead.

I have already tried the following:
1. Verified in IIS that index.cfm was the top default document for the website
2. Verified the Cold Fusion service is running
3. Browsed to the file and did a right-click/Open With and selected IE. (nothing happened with any of the .cfm files when I tried this.)

I am positive that I was able to open it before the Dreamweaver installation, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that configuration, but I am stumped.

Any ideas?
Kristine

It is definitely running.
Thanks.

Sorry I should have read your post better. Open up a browser and manually type the address to the CF admin page. For a default installation it is usually
If that doesn't work hunt around until you find where the CFIDE folder is.

Cheers,

Bluetone

Thanks Bluetone,

The directory is in the correct place, and I can get to the file through the shortcut in the start menu. My problem is, that insetad of Internet Explorer opening the file, Dreamweaver wants to open it for editing.

I can locate the file by browsing to Inetpub/ and I can right-click and select open with/Internet Explorer and nothing happens. This might be worth mentioning also: After a reboot, I tried to open the file, and an IE window opened up, then dissapeared before I got the open/save/cancel dialogue box...

There seems to be something in the Dreamweaver configuration that is insisting on opening .cfm files.

I think I'll try re-installing CF server in the morning.

thanks again!
Kristine

You cannot access Coldfusion in the way you are trying to. Coldfusion is a server-side language and you are trying to run it on the client-side.

You need to call the URL to the file, not open the file with right click/open in IE.

When you go to the URL bluetone provided above, what do you see?

Could you access the administator before you installed Dreamweaver? (You say "I am positive I could" which implies that maybe you couldn't.)

Hope this helps

Wullie

Fresh Look - Quality Coldfusion 7/Windows Hosting

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back