Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot mass copy files into SPS2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacca

Technical User
Dec 25, 2003
HK
Hi there,

Site 1: Server side w2k3 server+sps2003 server+sql2000 server.
Site 2: Clients (xp+office2003, xp+office2000, w98+office2000)

Now cannot mass copy files into SPS2003 server. After I use TS client to remote access the server, whenever I drag n drop from server's local harddisk (windows explorer) to SPS (IE, switched to explorer view), or drag-n-drop from local harddisk (windows explorer) to SPS (mapped drive), both got "cannto copy <filename>: Insufficient system
resources exist to complete the requested service"

I rebooted the server & it didn't help, still got the same error message.

However, I can mass upload files from my own PC (site 2) to the SPS (site 1).

As I need to upload about 2GB data into SPS, to avoid big network traffics it would be more effective to use TS to remote control the w2k3 server to upload files from its local harddisk into SPS.

Wondering what's wrong with my w2k3 server that it couldn't mass copy files into SPS anymore? Previously I didn't have such problem, I also increased the file size limitation to 2GB but it also didn't help.

Many thanks!

Many thanks!

You need to set the maximum upload data higher than what you're uploading.

This can be done through Virtual Server configurations.

Also - make sure there's no quota on the site nor the server which you extended.

Hi Romka,

The problem only happening when I rdc into server & do the mass file copy there. By using the same account & do mass file copy via my own pc don't have the same problem. So I guess it's not that related to quota? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As my server is not located in the same building, I usually burn all files into cdr & copy to server first, then use rdc to do the mass file copy later.

So what would be the cause of this strange problem & how to fix it?

Many thanks!

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back