Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot manage dbases? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leploep

Technical User
Jul 13, 2002
NL
Hello guyz,

I've "inherited" a DB2-server running with dbases that are being used daily so the db2 server is running fine.

However, I need to make a backup schedule but whatever i do I get this same message all the time.
"SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued SQLSTATE=57019"
even when i only select (highlight) a dbase i get this message.

Its a production server and has mision critical stuff on it, so i definatley need to do a backup of the dbases. But whatever i do, i get that stupid message.

anyone any idea?

pls specify what kind of backup option u'r trying, I mean ONLINE or OFFLINE. Also post the script ur using for backup.

Thanx for your suggestions.

I've found a way to "manage" the dbases". I was trying all the above in the control center on the server itself. Whatever i did, it gave me that "cannot start" message.

But now I've installed a client on my workstation and was able to make an offline- back up schedule using the wizard.
(its scheduled for tonight so help me cross fingers) :)

I'm not even going to try to make online backups. (archival logging etc. too much hassle for me, me thinks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back