Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Make Outgoing Calls From Xlite to IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJSR8R

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2008
US
Hello all, I am running CS1000E Rel. 5.5. I have two IBM 306 COTS servers. One Running VxWorks and one running Linux. I have the Xlite 3.0 registered to the SPS as a user endpoint in the NRS and can call a regular Unistem IP phone registered on the same node. When I try to call the Xlite extension though I get fast busy. I did some Dch traces but could not find anything conclusive. I will be performing packet captures to further investigate but was wondering if anyone had any ideas. DNS????

Did you CDP the X-lite extension to your SIP route in your PBX?

I have always been able to call my X-lite phone setup this way but still can't seem to call from X-lite to any unistim phones.

Yeah I did and I get fast busy. Can't figure out why the hell it won't go. Your Xlite phone should show as a registered User Endpoint in your NRS. If however you don't have a Linux COTS server running SIP Line then I can't say for sure what you will experience. I have a Linux COTS running 5.5 and my problem is exactly the opposite. I can call from the Xlite to the Unistem but can't get the call to go from the Unistem to the Xlite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back