Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot make calls to certain area codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony2018

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2008
US
not sure if this is a call manager problem or phone company problem but i'm gonna check with you guys first.

i can't make calls to a parish that has the area code 225, but i can make calls to a city that has that area code 225. what must i do to correct this.

Are you using route filters? If so you need to insert that area code in the route filter for long distance.

Can you call the same number from a fax?

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

i can't call it from a voip phone either. the fax number does work because i tried it on my cell phone.

Jeter's got it right, I think. You need to go to call routing/route filter/Find. Choose the one that includes long distance area codes and add clause. A new window will pop up. You add what you need to and save.

hmmm, can't seem to find call routing. i have call manager version 4.2. any suggestions on where to look?

It is located under route filter....

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

yea i just found it and posting back. well i checked in there and didn't find anything. any other suggestions?

One thing I would try is to identify where the problem is truly.

If you have a PRI and it is on a Cisco router, prove to yourself how the call gets sent out compared to the same area code that works. Using debug isdn q931 for PRIs or debug voice ccapi inout for T1 CAS, see how the call gets sent to Telco.

If your call does gets sent to telco as 12255551212 to the parish, then I believe the problem may be with telco. Compare it to the number that works, for example, call 12255551313, and see how it gets sent. If it is the same, then it may be a telco issue.

What DNIS you send to telco will be depend on telco. For ATT LD PRIs, I have to send Long Distance calls without the 1 in front of the area code.

If you are sending the correct digits that telco needs to see to route the call properly, I would indeed call telco.

It sounds like there are no route filters to cause you problems, so this is one thing I would check. Hopefully this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back