Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Logon to domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

robros

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
I have a windows 98 machine that cannot connect to our windows 2000 domain.
First time this happened I removed the TCP/IP protcol and it work for two weeks, second time uninstalled the card and reinstalled and re add the protocol. Third time I replaced the card into a differnt PCI slot thinking maybe the card was bad. Now its not able to logon to the domain, I can get to the internet I can get email from the exchange server I have en assinged the machine a static adddress, at this point I dont know where else to turn.

Any thought at what I can look at to fix this unitl I get this guys new machine ready to go.

I have another machine that is exhibiting the same habits and that one is not on the list to be replaced.

Your Al Meyers Kid..You Look Pretty Stupid To me.

Active Directory domain ?

if it is did you put the AD client on the machine ?

Tried removing the computer account from the domain and recreating it on the server ?

Tried removing the PC from the domain adding it to work group then re adding it to the domain ?

When u can access the internet but not the domain can you ping the DC ?

Hi,
This doesnt seem to be hardware problem as you are picking up an IP address just not getting onto the domain.
Does the machine have an account on the domain, can you see it in network neighbourhood?

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back