Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot login to Outlook XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

smradmin

MIS
Mar 4, 2002
US
Using Outlook in a corporation, connecting to the
Exchange server controlled by our corporate office. I
recently Ghosted my Hard Drive (Running Windows XP &
Office XP) onto a faster machine. Now I cannot log into
Outlook on the new machine. Even though my login
information/server information is correct, I cannot log
in. I receive a "Your logon information was incorrect"
error. I can log into outlook with the same information
on any other machine on the network, but not my own
machine. I have uninstalled and re-installed
outlook/office and even removed all references to
outlook/exchange from the registry and re-installed with
no luck.
Thanks for any help/suggstions you might have.

Yes, I have a profile (a few of them in fact). My original profiles were still there because I ghosted the hard drive. I also deleted those profiles (after they didn't work) and added them back in, of course I could not verify the mailbox that they tie to because it prompts me for my login information (which it won't accept).

I am having the EXACT same problem as "smradmin". Too bad there's no fix posted...

Have you tried changing the way Outlook authenticates to your login server? You can change this so that it prompts you for the information. If this worked you could eliminate a problem with password caching.

Well after months of nothing working, the problem is finally fixed. More of a coincidence than anything. Our company changed domains and now I can log in. It had to be something with the profile or a security ID. Not excatly sure what it was, but now it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back