Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot login to InfoView despite copying over BOMAIN.key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have installed WebIntelligence Server 2.5 (BusinessObjects) on a server that will integrate with Siebel eBusiness Analytics. The installation seems to have gone fine. When we attempt to login to the BusinessObjects InfoView homepage, we are rejected at the login screen. We have created a variety of users on the BusinessObjects Desktop (setup on a separate machine) and have copied the BOMain.key file over to the corresponding directory on the WebIntelligence Server. The users that have been created have the 'Supervisor' profile assigned to them.

In the help files on this machine, we are instructed to specify the DSN to the ODBC driver we created. It does not say where to do this, but we are guessing that this could be done in the Administrator of WebIntelligence.

What am I missing?

Also, how does WebI "know" where the database resides?

Thanks in advance!

Do you work on UNIX or NT?
When creating the BOMain key, you have to have the DSN ready. So somenone there must know how to deal with DSN. Further, you must create a System DSN, if you are copying the BOMain key over to other machines.

I would recommend to have Supervisor on the same machine as WebI, so you can create the key on that machine, but it is not really necessary.

Also, on each machine where you are using the BOMainkey, you have to create the System DSN either by using "Control Panel/Data Sources(ODBC)/System DSN/Add or Configure...", or by using "Supervisor"/Admin... .
It is all very well documented.

Thank you for your response.

Everything is running on Windows NT 4.0 Server (SP 6a) except for the databases themselves (on UNIX).

All the documents we got are very end user specific. I have the System DSN setup as well as tnsnames.ora. Do you know where you specify the DSN in WebIntelligence? How does WebI know where the repository/database reside?

Thanks for your help!

webi identifies the repository database through bomain.key,
it does not identifies any other <name>.key

bomian.key has all the information, I think you need to keep bomain.key in LocData folder.

Since you have copied the bomain key from other m/c and put it on the server. You need to create the same DSN name that will point to the repository database.

Shyam

Please check in the setup of your installation if the Key being referred is to local or shared. If you have copied BOMAIN.KEY to local machine then it should be local

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back