Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot log into System Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out with this one.

My IP Office was just upgraded to the 4.2 firmware from the older 3.x stuff. This new version has the system status application, which I really want to use, but I cannot login and not sure why.

The IP Office firewall is not denying SSA, and I took a look through the new security roles section and cannot find anything pertaining to SSA there. I'm trying to use the Administrator password to login to SSA, but I just simply get "no response from IP" whenever I try.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Going from 3.x to 4.x takes a little more time because of the big changes !!!

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yep, I did one on friday from 3.1.65 to 4.2.23 all six exp full, still only took 15 mins from start to finish for the system. Had one 5410 that refused to play though, after going to R5 firmware if you just pressed the message button it went onto speaker and gave the "you have no new messages" as it should, but go off hook then press it ...silence. It is just plain refusing to work normally now, it's been up and down firmwares but still this single issue persists :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

I talk about corrupted ARS and that kind of stuff :)

I know, I wasn't suggesting this was one of the big changes, it was just an anecdote :)

One last question, but I assume there wouldn't be any problems using the new version of manager to make config changes with the older 3.2 firmware correct?

No it is backwards compatible.
So that will not give you any problems

FYI, if Manager can see the system you can make changes to it, Manager will not display systems it isn't designed to work with safely...at least that's the theory :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back