Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot log into System Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out with this one.

My IP Office was just upgraded to the 4.2 firmware from the older 3.x stuff. This new version has the system status application, which I really want to use, but I cannot login and not sure why.

The IP Office firewall is not denying SSA, and I took a look through the new security roles section and cannot find anything pertaining to SSA there. I'm trying to use the Administrator password to login to SSA, but I just simply get "no response from IP" whenever I try.

Any suggestions on where to look?

It sounds like maybe a wrong password. when your system was at 3.2 and lower did you use Administrator to make changes. You may need to log into the security settings and reset the password. check out this link for the security settings

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I used to use Administrator to make changes to manager under 3.2, and I am successfully using the same account to currently log into the 4.2 manager.

Even though the password is correct (as I can get into manager without issue), I just can't seem to login to system status

you entering in the correct IP address in sys status for it to connect to?

Uninstall Java/SSA reboot the PC and then start the install of the Avaya SSA again.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

This is a classic one. Version 3.2 did have the securitysettings but not SSA.
When upgrading the Administrator account wasn't automaticalliy allowed to use SSA.

So as Kwing already mentioned: go to the security settings and tick the 'System Status Group' for the service user Administrator.

This is the part I can't seem to find.

I start Manager
Choose File / Advanced / Security Settings
Choose Rights Groups
Highlight the Administrator Group

I don't see anything anywhere that mentions SSA.

Don't you see this
Untitled-1.png

or this

Untitled2.png

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

If I highlight "Rights Groups" I do not have a Systems Status Group, I only have:

Administrator Group
Manager Group
Operator Group

That being said, I can't check off system status group for Administrator because the groups doesn't exist

Are you sure you are on 4.2 ?

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Uninstall and re-install Manager if you certain you are on the correct level, don't worry you will not lose anything :)

tlpeter, he wouldn't in theory have SSA if he wasn't on 4.something :)

Is it possible that the installer could have upgraded the Manager software and VM Pro, but didn't flash the firmware on the actual IP Office?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie here.

When I load Manager is says "Avaya IP Office Manager 6.2"

How can I tell what version of firmware is running on the actual phone system?

Look on my screenshot you will see the system level after the name in my case 6.0(11028) :)

P.s you manually have to upgrade the IP Office it isn't automatic, did you in Manager go File,Advanced, Upgrade then select the units and upgrade them?

Also the VM pro is a seperate disc as well as being a more involved upgrade than just the client itself, if you intend upgrading the system be aware if you were below 3.1.65 you will need to step the 406 through 3.1.999 first and in all cases v2 Dig 30 modules need to go through 3.2.999 first before 4.2, and when this happens any 5410/20's will also require an upgrade to R5 firmare and will not function correctly without it. Also any user apps should match (Soft console/Phone Manager) :)

I didn't do this upgrade, I hired a consultant, and now that I'm looking at the versions, I'm thinking he screwed this up. Here is the title bar of my manager:

Avaya IP Office Manager 6.2 (23) xx [3.2(61)]

Does this mean I'm still running the 3.2 firmware? I did sort of watch the tech, and it did take him a long time since it did appear that he had to do the upgrade in stages, but this doesn't look right.

Yes, you are still on 3.2(61) on the system, all he has done is upgrade the manager application which you could have just downloaded for free and done yourself :)

Awesome.

They will certainly be hearing from me.

Thanks for the help everyone.

No probs, FYI upgrading the system including steps will take 10-20 mins the VM will take around 10 but each handset will take about 5 mins to upgrade and if using Manager as fileserver will only do 4 or 5 at a time the rest will queue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back