Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Log Into Server with Remote Desktop Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variscite

MIS
Nov 3, 2003
US
I cannot log into our 2008 Server via Remote Desktop Connection anymore. I put in the correct IP address and arrive at the server logon, but all logins fail. All the logins work face-to-face on the server and I can get in with logmein, but not with Remote Desktop Connection. The error is: The user name or password is incorrect.

I totally removed antivirus and software firewalls from the server while I am trying to troubleshoot this.
All the user logins I try are in the RDP Access group and Remote Desktop Users group on the server.
On the Remote tab in System Properties, Remote Desktop section "Allow connection from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure) is checked.

Error log shows: An account failed on logon: Event ID 4625. I'm researching this, but so far nothing that I have found applies.
RDP in the router is forwarded to the server's IP address. The router is Cisco/Linksys BEFSR41. Any suggestions?

Forgot to add - this problem is when using Remote Desktop Connection from outside the LAN. Using Remote Desktop Connection within the network works.

Thanks PWise for that suggestion. I just tried it and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back