Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot locate number in ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPidliskey

Technical User
Mar 22, 2024
US
I was looking for an open number in my system I thought I found one, but the system states "Extension exists but assigned a different object" I can't seem to find where this number is located.

Neither worked. Just weird I can't seem to find this number, although it exits. When you call it, You just get dial tone, like it is for some sort of DISA.

I tried "display remote-access" There is only one number listed. Not the one I'm looking for. I'm surprized they have that programmed.

list trace the station you are calling from do you see where its heading?

change console x and look at "common shared extensions

Thanks! I'm not sure about the "change console x and look at "common shared extensions"". I'll try the LIST AAR ANALYSIS.

Try looking in your Dial Plan Analysis to make sure that specific number wasn't set up for something unique such as a Dial Access or Feature Access Code.
Next, look at Dial Plan Parameters to see if your system is set for UDP first or Local-Extension First. If UDP first, Display the uniform dial plan and look for that extension. Perhaps it is set for something other than ext.

Look on pg2 of 'display system-parameters maintenance' and see if your extension is there.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back