Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot locate executable on mapped server drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candidate0

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2004
US
I have a multiuser Goldmine 6.5. After creating a small LAN I attempted to run goldmine from COMP1 on the server. When installing Goldmine on COMP1, or COMP2 for that matter, It asks for a target.

Knowing that the Mapped drive //server/X: has the executable on it, COMP1 cannot locate it through the network.

Goldmine's techline tells me I don't have available units? left, hmmm. Never knew I had any.

Any and fast help, will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

C0

Open GM and go to File,Configure,License Manager. Highlight your license and look in the right pane. Where it says "Total Users/dist:" -- that is how many licenses you have installed. If it only says 1, that might be why. Also, I noticed on the UNC path you provided, the slashes are backwards. You might want to double check that.

Here's how we have it set up. To get this info, on my client computer (you can do this from the server too), I opened up GM and went to Help,About...,and then clicked on the system button:

Product = GoldMine® Business Contact Manager Edition
License = X-XXXX-XXXX
Versions = GoldMine 6.00.30503, BDE 500 [4/11/1999], Windows NT 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1
GoldMine EXE = r:\goldmine\gmw6.exe
BDE DLL Files = \\servername\goldmine\goldmine\setup\bdeshare
TEMP Directory = c:\docume~1\dborch~1\locals~1\tempSystem Files = \\servername\goldmine\goldmineGoldMine Files = R:\goldmine\gmbaseContact Files = R:\goldmine\database_nameFree Disk Space = R: 441,937 MB, C: 140,229 MB
Memory (RAM) = 523 MB
Open Cursors = 12
Logged User = DBORCHER [Master!]
CAL LangDriver = DBWINUS0 [New RecID]
Contact1 LangDriver = DBWINUS0 [New RecID]
Tx32 version = 801

Although we don't have version 6.5, I doubt the setup is much different.

Hope this helps a little.

-PuterLuver

Hi There,

What type of server have you? I.E. is it Small Business Server?

If so, your gmw6.exe file will not be in your standard goldmine shared directory, but in your c:\program files\goldmine directory (or similar).

If you copy the contents of this folder to your shared folder, all should work okay.

Regards,

Enda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back