Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot load outlook onto Win98!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prha

Technical User
May 24, 2002
GB
I am trying to install outlook 2000 on a win 98 machine so it connects to the exchange server (NT).
I have already done one machine and everything was fine. when I loaded outlook it asked me to connect to the exchange server and profiles etc.
On the second machine it does not ask for any information and when outlook is loaded it opens in personal folders. When I go to control panel and mail to change this, to add the profiles etc it brings up an Internet accounts box. I cannot find any way to connect this to the exchange server. There is no services option under the tools menu either. I'm stuck. I have removed, reinstalled office, outlook, everything, but always the same.
Any clues??

any help appreciated!

Sounds like you installed Outlook using the Internet Mail Only setup rather than the Corporate Workgroup setup. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

so at what stage can I change this?. When I install there are no options to select either.

Geoff,
When I go to tools, there is no services tab. only accounts, customize and options. There is nothing under options that I can see. Normally there is a 'services' under tools which will bring up the same option as if you went into control panel and mail. But this is missing. If I go into mail in control panel it brings up the Internet accounts box (same if I go to mail delivery in options.
When I installed on the other PC there was an option on install asking how I wanted to use it and there was an option that said no email, internet only. But this part of the install has not appeared on this install (any of them!)
any more ideas?

thankyou joegz! I have no idea how I missed this! I thought I looked at every option, obviously not! duh.
any way all is now well. cheers.
posted reply to geoff before yours appeared.
[smilejap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back