Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot load locally stored profile 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spizotfl

MIS
Aug 17, 2005
US
Hi, i am at a site where there are about 35 xp boxes connected through a server. we have a very limited profile set for the students here. on one of the boxes i am getting the message:
Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

followed by this message:
Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes made to this profile will be lost when you log off.

we have 1 generic domain account for the students here, named student. it works on all of the other machines. what do i need to do to make it work on the one that gave the error messages?
thanks

It could very well be a corrupt profile. Log on as administrator and rename the student profile in the documents and settings folder to student.old

Then try logging in again as student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back