Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Install Service Pack 2!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
I keep getting the error message: Error running script: SP1_repl.sql(1) Has anybody seen this before or can anyone shed any light on the situation, I am using my sa login.... any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the response, I'm running a windows 2000 IBM server with SQL 2000 and currently no service packs, I will check your link... Thanks very much

I have looked at that page already, it seems to be refering to a similar problem but its on a 98 machine and i've tried doing what it says in the article and it doesn't work.

I am using the sa acount for authentication with a blank password but still doesn't seem to work, even with the setup.ini edited to read UPGRADEUSER:sa!!!

HELP... I'm losing my patients!!!

Obtain and install service pack 1 before jumping into sp2.

I have also tried that, installing SP1 first, but seen as the service packs are cumulitive this results in exactly the same error message at exactly the same point.

Thanks, I've printed that off already, seems those two pages are the only ones out there regarding this problem. I will try it tommorow and post the outcome on this thread

Cheers anyway, I can only hope editing that registry key helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back