Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot initialize data bindings

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawanz

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
ID
Guys, I have a problem...I developed an application with VB 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0 on Win98.I installed the application on 3 client machines (Win2000,using INNO Setup). On one machine (power user) it works fine. But on the other 2 machines (normal users), everytime it loads a form with a datagrid already bound to a recordset, it gives an error :"Microsoft DataGrid Control: Cannot initialize data bindings"...And another error is when it wants to bind a recordset to a datagrid, it gives an error:"Run-time error '713':Class not registered.Looking for object with CLSID:{59245250-7A2F-11D0-9482-00A0C91110ED}"...I've searched the web for days, and I came to the conclusion that it has to do with msbind.dll...I re-registered the dll, and still no luck...or maybe I didn't re-register the dll correctly...Help me

Hi,

My understanding is that you developed a program with VB6.0 and SQL 7.0 with win98 and you try to open this program on 3 clients which only 1 works.

If there is no modification of any codes, this might be the cause. The win98 client is using VB6.0 with add-ons like SP1, etc, while the other clients are not using any add-ons. In order to verify the version, inside VB, goto about.

Hope this helps.

Hi,the 3 clients are all Win2000...but the one that works is the one with power user privileges...I don't know if that's relevant...

We have had the same problems in my shop also. It has to do with the permissions that exist for power users but not reqular users. What works for us is to make the normal user a local power user.

Guys thanks for your help...but after a couple weeks of trial and error, it turned out that I wrote the Setup scripts wrong...I didn't use the Package and Deployment Wizard, I use INNO Setup(which is excellent)...Thanks y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back