Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot identify audio driver 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnVogel

Programmer
Apr 19, 1999
US
I am working on a no-name system, and cannot seem to figure out the built in audio drivers. The motherboard has a Winbond W83627HF-AW chip. I figured out (from this) that the video driver is an Intel 810, but I cannot seem to find any information about the sound card. I tried using Sound blaster and SB16 compatable drivers, but these don't work.

Thanks in Advance for any help you can provide me.

did the sound ever work? if so you might check system info
config utilites go to history and it just show the org driver and when it was changed and stopped working. maybe

Have you enabled the audio chip in the BIOS ?

Thanks for the replies. I ran the Belarc Advisor, and all it shows is "MPU-401 Compatible"... these drivers for MPU401 are installed and working... I checked the bios and the onboard sound card is auto (it has disabled or auto)and it says AC97... There is no manufacture name on the mobo or any other clues to what on earth it is... the sound probably never worked, though I can't be sure, I have installed windows twice (updated) to try to see if it would "catch" the driver, but no dice. I tried to use the search online under driver installation, but this doesn't work (for some reason it goes to a page not found)...
And I don't know where the "history" would be found on the system configuration utilities window, so i couldn't check this. Thanks for the help... any other ideas?

The Computer Wizard
Brookneal, VA 24528

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back