Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot go online on a newly installed RRAS VPN Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhusd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2001
I have a Windows 2003 Standard RRAS server setup with two NICs. One is connected to the public interface (T1) and the other to our local LAN. I only have one default gateway setup (on the WAN interface). I can ping all servers internally and VPN clients can connect and authenticate successfully. But, I cannot go online from this machine. When I open up It says connecting.. and then it times out.

The DNS entries are setup correctly. Any suggestions ?

Also worth seeing what happens when you do a tracert to your external dns.

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

No.. cannot ping anything. tracert to external DNS fails as well. This machine was perfectly fine until the OS has been re-installed. The NIC drivers are up-to-date and can ping all other machines on the network. Just can't surf the Internet.

If I delete the default Gateway on the NIC connected to the WAN, and key in the gateway on the LAN NIC, everything starts to work fine, but RRAS doesn't work. Ideally, the LAN gateway should be left blank anyway.

Any other suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back