Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Get SMTP Relay to Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

RH610

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
GW 6.0.0

I cannot get smtp relay to work.
We run a third party program that sends e-mail outside the office and inside the office via smtp relay.
I have relay turned off in GW and put in an exception to allow relay from the IP address of my PC.
The request to send gets to the GW server in our office, but the GWIA log shows that it was not sent.
The error is "Will not relay" and it has the correct IP address of the exception I set up.
Is there any other "trick" that I am missing here?

Thank You

Notes:

I have also tried the dns name in the exception with the same result.
I have rebooted the GW server.

Can you hit F2 in the GWIA screen to select VERBOSE logging
then cycle the log after trying some SMTP traffic:

Id like to see this log.

I always have had verbose logging on. I only get the one line when the message hits GWIA saying "Will not relay

Right now I have the IP address as the exception. I believe that is correct from what I have read. I have also tried the dns name and I have tried the name and IP both and separately. Right now I just have the IP. None of the above have worked. I don't know if some other switch needs setting or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back