Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get rid of flashing DSS keys after changing Hot Desk numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarstenHuhn

Technical User
Jun 9, 2009
DE
Hi guys,

platform type is 3300 ICP MXe, MCD4.0.
We have personal ring groups with OP27 and 5340 IP telephone connected together under one number.
The 5340 IPs are used for logging into Hot Desk profiles.
Due to better optical busy signalling we swapped the DNs of OP27 and 5340 under each other.
DSS keys on other sets are now directing to the Hot Desk Users.

Since the swap the DSS keys are flashing as if the Hot Desk Users were not logged into their Hot Desk profile. But they are.
Logged out and into the Hot desk profiles and even rebooted the system but the flashing persists.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the flashing?
Thanks a lot!
Karsten

Does it stop when they log in?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

No, it didn't.

But the solution is very simple.
I just deleted the monitored devices in the Remote Busy Lamp Assignment form and re-programmed the DSS keys.
That resolved the problem without the need of deleting the extension.

Thanks for your assistance!
Karsten

Ah see you didn't say you had a cluster. Anyway I am glad you found the solution.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back