Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get pop3 mail to work...ISA Setting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimble

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
I'm trying to setup my pop3 yahoo mail account in Outlook. I am a client behind a firewall. The Server is running ISA and Exchange. Could a setting in ISA or Exchange be preventing me from getting my pop3 mail? Pop3 and SMTP are setup on the exchange server for the company mail. IE on the client is setup to use a proxy server. Can anyone tell me if one of these other settings is not allowing me to send and recieve my yahoo mail.

I'm using pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I keep getting this errror:

Task 'Yahoo Mail - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

and lastly
I am the administrator

does it work when ISA is not running ? ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

Hello,

I have had loads of problems with isa and trying to retrieve pop3 through it. After thinking I was going nuts, I found an article at isaserver.org which suggested that reinstalling isa server fixes problems with pop3 retrieval. And it did!... It sounds like an odd fix, but using the reinstall feature through control panel / add/remove programs did the trick.

Hope this helps... Good Luck!

Can someone tell me if the sollution here worked ?

this is: re-installing ISA through the Add/remove programs solves the issue with the retrieval of POP3 through ISA server ?

Question:
Do I lose all my settings when I re-install it ?

Question:
Can I sent e-mail (smtp) through ISA ?

Thank you for a very quick reply...

Regards,

Tom.

Here is your quick reply,

What I had been doing was trying to recieve email on my outlook client. Yet I didn't realize that to recieve other mail at my domain I had to setup a pop3 connector in exchange to get that mail. My conflict was solved when I made my company exchange server get my yahoo mail and then the outlook client picked it up off the company server. Yet the problem with that is that the company server was always sucking in my yahoo mail and there is no option of keeping a copy of that message on the yahoo server. So when I went home I couldn't get any mail off the yahoo server but had to get it off my companies server.

Hope that helps a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back