Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get my shortcuts to work from links sent to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatchina

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2001
US
I just purchased a new Studio laptop with 64bit Vista on it and cannot get my shortcuts to work from my desktop if sent by link from the internet...Help!!

"YOUR EXPECTATIONS DETERMINES YOUR DESTINATION"

What are we talking about here, Shortcuts to Web Pages, or Shortcuts to Programs, or Shortcuts to LAN? Which machine do the Shortcuts not work on, the Desktop, or the Laptop, or both?

Whatever, are you getting any error message indication?

Can you right-click on Shortcuts and see where they are pointing to?

This will sound really dumb, but I ran into a similar problem a couple of years ago. Somewhere in the settings, I had turned off the little arrow that appears on the shortcut icons. May have been PowerToys or something like that. For whatever reason, turning the arrow off caused any shortcuts to stop functioning like they were supposed to. Turned the arrows back on, and all was well again. No idea why the icons behaved that way, but it solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back